Last Updated: 15 May 2018
We comply with all relevant data protection legislation including the European GDPR and related applicable UK legislation.
For the purposes of relevant data protection legislation, World Programming is the data controller of personal information we hold and process about you. We are registered on the public register of data controllers maintained by the Information Commissioner in the UK.
Our philosophy is to be fair and clear about what we do, and to use your data you share with us as we hope you would expect us to. We keep communications to the minimum level required to give you the information and service you want from us. We aim for our communications to be respectful, relevant and appropriate. If at any time you feel we could do better, please let us know straight away by getting in touch with us through the Contact page on our website or by emailing email@example.com.
Our website may automatically record information that your browser sends to our webserver. This information may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
Our website may contain links that enable us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. Link tracking information is used to improve the quality of our content.
We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers and administer the Sites.
We may use IP address and information regarding the web pages our website users visit to improve the site.
What cookies do we use?
When you visit our websites, the following types of cookies may be downloaded to your device:
Analytical and Performance Cookies
We may use analytics service providers for website traffic analysis and reporting. Analytics service providers produce statistical and other information about the use of websites by using cookie information. They allow us to recognise and count the number of site visitors and to see how often visitors return to the site, how long they stay and how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example to make it easier to find what you are looking for. The information generated relating to the site may be used to create reports about the use of the site and the analytics service provider will store this information.
Advertising and Targeting Cookies
These cookies record your visit to our websites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed to other sites. We use this information to help make our site and other sites that you visit more relevant to your interests. We may share this information with others for this purpose.
We may use functional cookies so that we can remember choices you have made on the site so you receive a better user experience by delivering content specific to your interests. For example, the language you prefer to use.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Some cookies are required for the administration and operation of our site, for example security, login and session management.
Third Party Cookies
We try and make it as easy as possible to share content on social media networks and to see what content is popular on those networks. We add buttons to our websites to allow people to easily share information to those networks. If we use Facebook or other social ‘plugins’, it gives those sites the flexibility to use their own cookies. They can’t read any cookies we set from World Programming, and we can’t read any cookies they set, but it lets them do the same kind of traffic measuring that we do on our own websites, and it also lets them know whether you’re logged into their site.
As of 15 May 2018, we use the following third party cookies:
- Google – Web Analytics
- YouTube.com – Video Player
Turning off cookies
You can turn off some or all cookies by using settings in your internet browser. Have a look at the “Help” section of your browser or have a look at www.aboutcookies.org. If you turn off cookies you may find that you may not be able to use all the features of the website.
Newsletters and communication preferences
If you sign up with us to receive product updates, newsletters or other informational communications then we will collect personal information about you as necessary for the communications service, namely your email address, name and your communication preferences. If you opt not to receive communications from us, we may store your email address in order that we do not inadvertently send you information if your email is passed to us for any reason in future.
If you give your consent to our marketing to you, we may display offers, promotions, products or services on our website that we think will interest you based upon the information we collect from your cookies. You may withdraw your consent to direct marketing at any time by contacting us via the Contact page on our website or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
How else might we use your information?
We may also use your information for the following purposes:
- To help us make our websites and other related content available to you (please see the “Will we share your information with anyone else?” section below for more information)
- To make our websites more relevant for you and our other visitors. This includes sometimes requesting personal information from you to help us run and develop our website and associated functions
- To send you our newsletters, product updates and informational communications if you have signed up to receive them
- To carry out occasional surveys to analyse our user base to help us to improve the services we offer
- To comply with the law
- As we feel is necessary to prevent illegal activity or to protect our interests
How long do we keep hold of your information?
In some cases, we have to keep hold of some of your information. Naturally, we keep your information while you are registered with us or license our software so that we are able to provide the service to you but we also keep it after you’ve left us, though only for as long as we need it. How long we keep it depends very much on the type of information we are holding and the purpose for which we need it. We also have to take into account our legal obligations in respect of how long we keep that data.
You can request that we delete your personal information at any time.
Will we share your information with anyone else?
- You specifically request this, such as when you submit information to enquire about jobs or submit a job application.
- We are required to do so to comply with the law or with the directions of the courts or other authorities.
- We feel it is reasonably necessary to prevent illegal activity or to protect our interests.
- It helps our trusted third-party service providers to provide and improve our service to you. We will also share your information with:
- Campaign Monitor, who securely host and manage emails and act as a supplier to distribute our newsletters, product updates and informational communications.
- Sendgrid, who manage our transactional emails for general system notifications e.g. password reset emails, license request notifications etc.
- Salesloft, who track browsing behavior so our sales team can preemptively determine any questions or concerns you may bring up during the sales process.
We contractually require these service providers to keep your personal information safe and secure. These trusted third parties are only permitted to use your personal information for the purposes we specify.
We may share broader, aggregated statistics and customer profiling information with third parties. It will not be possible to identify you from such data.
We will never rent or sell your information to any other organisation or individual.
We follow strict security procedures to manage how your personal information is stored and used, who sees it and to help stop any unauthorised person getting hold of it. We are accredited to ISO 27001 (international Information Security standard) and independently audited every year.
Any of your data we receive is stored securely. We ensure that all data is encrypted during transmission and when saved, including any backups.
We take security extremely seriously, but no system is 100% secure, so we cannot completely guarantee the protection of your personal information, any more than any other organisation can. We can’t, therefore, accept any liability for the loss, theft or misuse of the personal information which you’ve registered on our website if there is a security breach.
We may exchange information with you by email. Although it may be illegal for others to intercept or disclose these emails, they may be not encrypted or secure.
Countries outside the European Union may not have such a high standard of protection for personal information than that required by EU data protection laws. We do not typically transfer data outside of the UK, and if we do (for example, if our hosting company is based elsewhere), we’ll take steps to make sure your personal data is handled in line with EU law. If you would like any more details on this, please contact us via the Contact page on our website or by emailing email@example.com.
Personal information relating to minors
Protecting the online privacy of children is vital. If you are under 18 years old, please do not provide us with your name, contact details or any other information about yourself.
Beyond our website
Our website contains links to other websites. We don’t have any control over those websites and we cannot take any responsibility for any information you give them. Other websites have different privacy and security policies and terms and conditions, so we advise you to read these before using them.
As a UK company we are bound by European General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) providing you with the rights listed below:
- Right of access: On request, we will advise you what personally identifiable information we hold about you
- Right to data portability: We may not hold any information sufficient to require data portability
- Right to rectify: By visiting our website you can amend and correct the information we hold
- Right to erasure / to be forgotten: On request, we will remove you from our marketing list
- Right to notification regarding rectification, erasure or restriction: We will let you know if we need to change your information
- Right to object to processing: You can contact us if you want us to stop using your information
- Right not to be subject to automated individual decision making: You can contact us with your requirements
For any questions or if you need to contact us for any reason related to privacy or data protection please use the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our postal address is:
World Programming Ltd.
Have a question?
Try or buy