The successful candidate will be working closely with software development teams, project management and customer support representatives to ensure a quality software output for the business; both through standard testing practices as well as more technical testing (test automation, developing tools and solutions to assist others in improving their quality). The role requires QAs to dive into many aspects of the SDLC, defining strategies for testing new features and functionalities as well as taking responsibility for quantifying and improving quality not just in the software we produce, but across the business as a whole.
- Analyse requirements for validity, feasibility and technical soundness and decompose them to extract positive and negative test scenarios and strong acceptance criteria.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to help them understand their code coverage and their approach to ensuring the quality of their work;
- Provide testing frameworks, tools and solutions to other teams in order to help the business produce high-quality software;
- Develop, execute and maintain automated both functional and non-functional test cases in a cross-platform environment;
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure deadlines are met;
- Contribute to the standards and processes used to create and deliver production-grade software;
- Undertake internal audits to ensure we maintain our ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 certifications;
- Detect, report and track both ISO non-compliance and software defects through to resolution;
- Involvement in the planning of projects, including designing, estimating, task management and progress reporting to relevant stakeholders;
- Document processes and procedures as you go along for future reference.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- A passion for quality across all areas of the SDLC, and an eye for detail;
- Qualified to ISTQB foundation or greater;
- The ability to work both autonomously and within a team to produce quality results to a defined schedule;
- Familiarity with one or more scripting/programming languages and/or tools (eg c++, SQL, Perl, Java, Python, Ruby);
- Able to communicate complex information succinctly and clearly;
- High levels of initiative with the ability to self-manage;
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed and proactive approach to undertaking work to an extremely high standard.
- A primary degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or other related topic;
- Experience of working in an ISO9001 certified environment;
- Experience with SQL and databases;
- Programming experience in a cross-OS environment;
- Understanding and experience of data science and data analytics;
- Familiarity with Jenkins or similar CI tools;
- Familiarity with git or similar source control tools;
- Experienced in either non-functional or speciality testing (e.g. Load/Performance testing or security penetration testing).