This technical, customer-facing role involves delivering: professional services on- and off-site; product technical support; pre-sales and POC engagements; product knowledge sharing. Skills and knowledge are needed in handling data and database systems; analytics processes; business analysis; systems architecture and system administration. The role is broad and requires the ability to manage time effectively given simultaneous demands and will require developing a deep understanding of the WPS Analytics product set and usage scenarios at a technical level.
Developing a deep knowledge and understanding of WPS Analytics features, roadmap and deployment considerations. Developing and using technical expertise to deliver customer engagements and consultancy. Understanding customer project objectives and working closely with the sales team to fully define project scope and requirements.
Working within teams and maintaining positive relationships with customers and colleagues to deliver a high level of customer satisfaction through both projects and technical support.
Provide detailed feedback to the product management team to help drive product roadmap.
Joining conference calls with customers during and outside of normal working hours to provide a bridge between the customers and our sales, technical support and solutions teams.
Attending pre-sales visits with sales personnel during which you may be required to analyse and discuss existing customer environments, describe WPS Analytics and other technologies, discuss potential technical architectures and configurations with WPS Analytics, install and configure WPS Analytics software, provide demonstrations, build proof-of-concept environments and assist with answering technical questions asked by customers.
Assist the customers with planning changes and migration projects.
Typical projects might include
- Deploying WPS Analytics software (architecting, planning, installation, configuration, migration, training)
- Developing business analytics applications
- Enhancing or optimising data processing systems
- Implementing new data management and data science processes
- Developing predictive models
- Potentially regular within UK and Europe
- Periodic travel outside of Europe
- Comfortable dealing with customers at a technical level both remotely and on-site with excellent technical skills
- Data architecture, data management, data processing, data engineering, data science, database systems, database administration
- System architecture and system administration
- Software installation and configuration
- Requirements gathering, business analysis and documentation
- Self-learner willing to and capable of picking-up WPS Analytics software
- Programming in languages of SAS and SQL
- Experience using business analytics software and technologies
- Windows and Linux system administration
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Any experience of the following is advantageous:
- IBM z/OS mainframe systems
- Mac OS, AIX and Solaris system administration
- Network administration
- Database administration (Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, DB2 etc.)
- Managing clusters of servers
- Containers and Kubernetes
- Public, private and hybrid cloud deployment
- Citrix configuration
Hadoop and cluster storage and processing
Please note that this is a full-time office based position in our Romsey office
As part of the application process, you will need to provide us with your CV. Please click the "Apply" button below to continue with your application.
World Programming is committed to being an equal opportunities employer. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.