Quality Assurance Engineer
Working as part of a matrixed Quality Assurance team, the successful applicant will assist software development teams, project management and customer support representatives in their efforts to ensure that the inherent quality of our core software product meets our demanding expectations.
Verification of our software products will be achieved through use of manual test techniques supplemented by technical test methods, such as test automation and tools and solutions that may also aid other functions within the business in improving their quality. The role also requires QAs to dive into many other technical and non-technical facets of the business, such as defining strategies for testing new features and functionalities plus also taking responsibility for raising the awareness of quality and its effect across the business as a whole.
- Analyse business requirements for their validity, feasibility and technical integrity and distil them to extract positive and negative test scenarios and strong acceptance criteria.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to help them understand their code coverage and alter their approach to ensuring the quality of their work where required;
- Design and develop test frameworks, tools and solutions for other teams in order to help the business produce high-quality software;
- Develop, execute and maintain automated functional and non-functional test cases in a cross-platform environment;
- Help drive sub-functional development against planned timescales to ensure deadlines are met;
- Contribute towards shaping internal standards and processes used to create and deliver production-grade software;
- Perform internal audits to ensure the business maintains its ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 accreditation;
- Detect, report and track ISO non-compliances and software defects through to their resolution whilst also monitoring for regressions;
- Contribute to the planning of projects, including design, estimation, task management and progress reporting to relevant stakeholders;
- Document processes, procedures and test coverage alongside your test work for future reference.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- A passion for quality across all areas of the SDLC, with an eye for detail;
- Qualified to ISTQB foundation level or greater;
- Able to work both in isolation and as part of a development team to produce quality results within a defined schedule;
- Skilled in one or more scripting/programming languages and/or tools (e.g. C++, SQL, Perl, Java, Python, Ruby);
- Able to communicate complex information succinctly and clearly;
- High levels of initiative with the ability to self-manage;
- Exhibits a highly self-motivated, self-directed and proactive approach to undertaking work to an extremely high standard;
- Experience with non-Windows OS' (i.e. Linux).
- A primary degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or a related topic;
- Qualified to ISTQB Technical Test Analyst level;
- Experience of working in an ISO 9001/27001 certified environment;
- Experience with SQL and databases;
- Programming experience in a cross-OS environment;
- Understanding of data science and data analytics methodologies and algorithms;
- Familiarity with Jenkins or similar CI tools;
- Familiarity with git or equivalent source control tools;
- Experience with project management toolsets (e.g. MS Project, Jira);
- Experience in either non-functional or niche test techniques (e.g. Website load/performance testing or Security penetration testing).
As part of the application process, you will need to provide us with your CV. Please click the "Apply" button below to continue with your application.
World Programming is committed to being an equal opportunities employer. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.