Data Scientist /Senior Forecasting Analyst
As a Senior Data Scientist/Forecasting Analyst, the role will require you to use your skills in a wide variety of different business sectors.
You will be expected to provide good communication with key stakeholders; from business and data understanding all the way through to model deployment. There will be innovative and challenging Big Data projects implementing superior business solutions and achieving the very highest levels of customer satisfaction.
In addition, as you will work on customer sites and alongside a fast-paced sales team you need to be quick but calm. At World Programming we pride ourselves on delivering top end analytics solutions for tier 1 players in the financial services, retail and telecom industries. World Programming owns a large development site in the UK and we have extensive in-house analytics capabilities to back up a fast-growing solutions practice.
Main duties involve:
- Develop novel applications of classification, advanced forecasting, simulation, optimization and summarization techniques
- Ability to complete entire journey:
- Data preparation in SAS or SQL
- Analysis in SAS, R or Python
- Presentation to customers and convincing stakeholders of our recommendations
- Identifying and introducing forecasting indicators to improve business performance
- Scenario modelling on performance indicators
- Demand Management – Product and Marketplace
- Business, Assortment, Allocation and Location
- Dynamic in season-pricing and promotion
- Qualifications: Degree in Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics – ideally Doctorate
- Detail – oriented
- Predictive Analytics
- Statistics knowledge
- Proven track record working with time series data
- Programming knowledge (SQL/R/Python/SAS preferred)
- Must be able to travel up to 40% of time within EU.
Preferable skills and experience:
- Big data technologies
- Basic understanding of linux
- An additional language
As part of the application process, you will need to provide us with your CV. Please click the "Apply" button below to continue with your application.
World Programming is committed to being an equal opportunities employer. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.