Data Science Lead
Reporting to the Head of Solutions, the Data Science Lead is a role that combines data science and team leadership. This role is full of potential and requires the ability to manage multiple simultaneous demands. It will require a deep understanding of the product at a technical level.
The role also requires a proven record of accomplishment and experience in data science practices, methodologies and tools, as well as leading teams of data scientists and statisticians in the delivery of analytical solutions.
The responsibilities of the role will focus on (but not be limited to) the following areas:
Data Science Product Management
- Working with development teams and company leadership on the future roadmap of products and services in the areas of predictive analytics, AI and machine learning.
- Collaborating with the sales team to fully understand our customer’s immediate and future product requirements for Data Science. This understanding will need to be documented and reviewed with both statistics and development teams to identify the best approach to deliver these requirements and ensure that they become part of the product roadmap.
- Required to support the delivery of analytical projects as a direct resource and manage the output of the data scientists and engineers. The delivery of analytical projects extends to pre-sales of new engagements and marketing events.
Third Party Relationships
- Assist the Solutions Manager in building relationships with third parties to expand product awareness. This will include (but not be limited to):
- Industry Market Researchers such as Gartner and Forrester
- Travel is expected in order to support client engagements, prospect opportunity development, and marketing events:
- Typically, UK-based
- Regular travel within Europe
- Potential travel outside Europe from time to time
Role skills required:
- Strong quantitative background in fields such as statistics, engineering, physics or computer science
- Knowledge of the SQL language and other business analytics tools and languages, ideally including the language of SAS
- Advanced university degree such as M.Sc. or Ph.D
- Ability to answer some technical questions from customers
- Comfortable dealing with customers via conference calls and directly on-site
- Ability to travel to the EU and NA
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Calm under pressure
Preferable Skills and Experience:
- Expert knowledge of the language of SAS
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Training/presentation of software capability
- Able to demonstrate data mining models and data science tools such as Matlab, R, and Python
- Managing teams of data scientists, statisticians or researchers in a software development environment
- Knowledge of the software development cycle and experience in advising on software requirements and use cases
- Design and delivery of CRM, marketing, and credit risk management solutions
As part of the application process, you will need to provide us with your CV. Please click the "Apply" button below to continue with your application.
World Programming is committed to being an equal opportunities employer. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.